Friday, May 22, 2009

Letters from Mom and Dad

Dear Billy,

We know that you want that very cool pair of kicks that the other kids have, but Mom and Dad need to say no. We do agree that those $200 plus pair of shoes look great, will make you very popular with the other kids, but unless we can figure out how you can use them to push the car to the grocery store. We know there are child welfare laws to protect you from this.



Love, Mom and Dad

p.s. Please turn in your paper route money to the family fund bowl located next to the refrigerator. We'll head over to Payless Shoes after leftover spaghetti





Dear Emily,


We hear you! We know that your are absolutely the only kid(practically in the world) who does not own a cell phone. We understand that this makes us horrible parents. I am sure somewhere between the pushing during labor, the sweat pouring down my face, the late nights we stayed up together while you threw up all over me, that I missed that page in the "Everything Parents Owe Their Children" manual that spit our of my body directly behind giving birth to you.
After careful consideration, We have come up with the following reasons for my decision.
1. We are saving you from years of future carpel tunnel surgery from texting.
2. We are teaching you that ,in real life, your interviewer will expect you to raise your head and speak. They will not text you.
3. People can see emotions and reactions. Learn how.
4. Let's not follow the "in" crowd.
5. What could we do with the extra $70 per month? Shoes for Billy? Still no. Food? If you help clip the coupons,then I won't make you stand in line with me to use them at the store.

I know I'll think of more, see me after I finish telling Daddy why he can't have the new super duper grill.

Love,
Mom
lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment